Engineering for Kids Summer Camps
May 30-June 2, June 5-9, June 26-30, July 3-7, July 24-28, July 31- August 4
AM session 9-12, PM session 1-4
Supervised lunch for full day campers 12-1 (campers bring lunch). Early care from 7:45-9am and after care from 4-6pm available June 6-10 and July 11-15, registration online.
May 30-June 2 (4 days)
- Ages 4-7 am session: Jr. Scratch – Space Pioneers: Embark on fun journey to space with Scratch! Send an astronaut to the moon and defend your moon base from space rocks. Learn how to use Scratch to create and program sprites, back-drops and basic scripts. Create a new program each day, leave with evidence of your wild space adventure, and be inspired to explore the universe of programming as a Space Pioneer
- Ages 4-7 pm session: Jr Civil Engineering- Fun Foundations: Building a house to withstand the Big, Bad Wolf is where the fun begins in Junior Civil. This camp is centered on exploring the concepts of building and construction through hands-on exploration and design. Students explore the engineering behind sky scrapers, bridges, roads, and more in this fun and engaging experience.
- Ages 8-14 am session: Out of this World: Is mankind ready to inhabit the moon? With a little help from Engineering for Kids® students, humans will be prepared to take up residence by the end of the week! Students will collaborate with their Space State teams to create the safest and most effective community on the moon. Which team will earn enough Astro-Points to be declared the winner? During Out of this World camp, students will explore three fields of engineering: aerospace, civil, and chemical. Collaborating with their Space State teams, they will design and construct a variety of projects that will enable mankind to safely inhabit the moon.
- Ages 8-14 pm session: MinecraftEDU- Traveling into the Future: Join us in an apocalyptic future, one where the earth has been ravaged by a series of natural disasters. Each day, students rely on the engineering design process to solve a series of challenges such as building a city on a series of islands, escaping from a bunker on Mt. Everest, and even building a rocket to land on the moon! Through application of engineering principles, students solve numerous challenges as they make their virtual world of Minecraft a safe place for humanity once again.
June 5-9 (5 days)
cost: $299/full day, $199/half day
- Ages 4-7 am session: Jr. Robotics- Amazing Mechanisms: This class is a perfect mixture of fun and learning, using LEGO® WeDo™ Robots. Using LEGO® bricks, students build an airplane rescue, a giant escape, and a sailboat storm. They also learn how to program and operate their creations using a laptop computer.
- Ages 4-7 pm session: Jr. Mechanical Engineering- Let’s Make Toys: This camp introduces our youngest engineers to fundamental concepts of energy, materials, and movement. Campers explore and construct different toys throughout this camp, including spinners, magical boomerang cans, wind-up whirligigs, helicopters, rockets, and more.
- Ages 8-14 am session: How Amusing Week: Ah, the thrill of an amusement park… zipping around on racecars, zooming through the loops of a rollercoaster, trying your luck at a floating boat game, and enjoying a cold, refreshing treat at the end of a hot, sticky day. Can’t get better than that! In this program students will divide into competitive theme park teams and face off in specific engineering-related contests with the goal of creating the most fantastic and thrilling theme park experience. At the end of the week, the winning team will be granted the prestigious honor of creating the worlds’s next great amusement park for children ages 0-99 to enjoy for summers to come!
- Ages 8-14 pm session: Robotics 101: In this program, campers will learn the basics of designing, programming, and controlling a fully functional robot. Using LEGO MINDSTORMS, mathematical concepts, and engineering principles, students will brainstorm, plan, test, and modify sequences of instructions to accomplish a given task.
June 26-30 (5 days)
cost: $299/full day, $199/half day
- Ages 4-7 am session: Jr. Robotics- Simple Machines :We use machines everyday, but many times without even recognizing them. In Junior Robotics- Simple Machines, students will explore the basic concepts of simple machines and how we use them to achieve even our most grandiose goals! Students will use LEGO® WeDo to produce new and exciting builds that will be used to create an amusement park.
- Ages 4-7 pm session: Pirate Academy: Arg Matey! Come join the Engineering For Kids crew as we sail the ocean blue searching for buried treasure. Join us as students build their very own pirate ship, go fishing for treasure, and work together to create a delicious treat that is more precious than gold. Hop aboard the Green Ghost and set sail as we explore The Engineering of Pirates!
- Ages 8-14 am session: Survivor- Engineer’s Cove: Stranded on an abandoned island – surrounded by darkness, cold temperatures, and wild animals. Students in this camp will join tribes and compete in various engineering-related challenges against other tribes to survive and eventually engineer their way off the island. Join us in the first ever Engineering for Kids® Survivor challenge Engineer’s Cove.
- Ages 8-14 pm session: Video Game Design- Island Adventures: In this camp, campers will create their own unique island adventure themed Platform PC video game. Campers will design a hero stranded on a deserted island that will attempt to survive while battling against ferocious creatures. Students take home a copy of their game.
July 3-7 (4 days, no camp on July 4)
cost: $239/4 days, $250/3 days, $170/2 days, $85/1 day
- Ages 4-7 am session: Jr. Robotics- Wild Animals: This class is a perfect mixture of fun and learning using LEGO WeDo Robots. Using LEGO bricks, students build a hungry alligator, a flying bird, and a roaring lion. They also learn how to program and operate their creations using a laptop computer.
- Ages 4-7 pm session: Jr. Aerospace Engineering-Taking to the Skies: The Jr. Aerospace Engineering classes introduce our youngest engineers to fundamental concepts of aircraft and spacecraft design. Through open and focused exploration, students explore and construct airplanes, rockets, hot air balloons, and more.
- Ages 8-14 am session: Mechanical Engineering- Master Machines: During the Mechanical Engineering camp, students use the Engineering Design Process to design, create, test, and refine a variety of machines and mechanical systems. Students learn basics of fluid mechanics, simple machines, and other design and engineering concepts while constructing roller coasters, eggdrop vehicles, and an incredibly fast air powered dragster they keep at the end of the course.
- Ages 8-14 pm session: Software Engineering – Scratch Video Sensing: What’s more fun than playing an interactive video game? Writing one! Video sensing allows students to design and program their own video games and then test them by interacting with the program via webcam. In this Scratch program, students work together to create their own games, art, and musical instruments while exploring coding foundations. Get up and get moving with Engineering for Kids and Scratch: Video Sensing!
July 24-28 (5 days)
cost: $299/full days, $199/half days
- Ages 4-7 am session: Jr Robotics -Play Sports: A perfect mixture of fun and learning using LEGO WeDo Robots! Using LEGO bricks, students build a goal kicker, a goal keeper, and cheerful fans. They also learn how to program and operate their creations using a laptop computer.
- Ages 4-7 pm session: Wings, Wheels, and Sails: Guten tag! Travel the world with our core of engineers as we explore the continents in just 5 days. Drive across the United States, build a boat to sail the Mediterranean, and fly to the Orient in this fun engineering experience. Join us on an amazing adventure as we engineer planes, cars, boats, and rockets to travel the globe and beyond.
- Ages 8-14 am session: Amazing Race: 112 years ago airplanes had not made their first flight, yet today we can fly to the other side of the world in 12 hours! It is thanks to advances in technology that we are able to explore so much of the world. Campers will have to work together to see who is able to travel the farthest around the world. This trek will require campers to design their own boat, plane, and even hot air balloon! Program features civil and aerospace engineering.
- Ages 8-14 pm session: Video Game Design: Kodu Kart Racing: Race to the finish and create your own racing game in the Kodu gaming environment. From terrain design to enemy selection, students are placed at the wheel and given full control to design their game while exploring the foundations of coding. Kodu is a new visual programming language from Microsoft made specifically for creating PC and Xbox games. Students take home a copy of the game they create.
July 31-Aug 4 (5 days) ages 8-14 must register for full day
cost: $299/full day, $199/half day
- Ages 4-7 am session: Adventure Stories: This camp is a perfect mixture of fun and learning, using LEGO WeDo Robots. Using LEGO bricks, students build an airplane rescue, a giant escape, and a sailboat storm. They also learn how to program and operate their creations using a laptop computer.
- Ages 4-7 pm session: Under Construction: Put on your hard hats, young engineers, and join us for our Engineering of Cities! In this camp, students work hard to apply their knowledge of construction to save the beach from erosion and build their very own city from the ground up. From roads and tunnels to buildings and skyscrapers, students discover that no job’s too tough for an Engineering for Kids engineer!
- Ages 8-14 am session: Heroes’ Week: It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s… Heroes’ Week! Students will join other engineers their age as they seek ways to protect the world and save humankind in the process. They will join a league of heroes and will compete against other leagues by performing engineering-related challenges, such as saving an ecosystem from a potentially lethal oil spill. Only one group will end the week as the ultimate league of super heroes!
- Ages 8-14 pm session: MinecraftEDU Redstone: Medieval Machinations: Medieval Machinations: MinecraftEDU is an expansive game that lets players design and create unique worlds with amazing structures. One of the more complicated aspects of MinecraftEDU is Redstone, their version of electrical circuitry. This program will introduce students to the many uses of Redstone through a Medieval themed adventure of creation, exploration, and castle besieging, with students making mine cart tracks to help them gather resources, working together to build their kingdom, and designing traps to defend their castle, all with the use of Redstone!
Cancellation policy: You have up until 21 days prior to the start of your session to cancel to receive a refund of the tuition less the non-refundable deposit. Non-refundable deposits are as follows:
- Half Day Camps: $60
- Full Day: $90
Should you need to cancel within 21 days of your scheduled start date, the entire tuition is non-refundable. You may transfer your enrollment to another child no later than 4 days before the camps begins.